Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes (plus 5 minutes resting time)
What you will need
- 1 corn cob, husk and silk removed
- 2 chorizo sausages, coarsely chopped
- 2 chicken thigh fillets, coarsely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 green capsicum, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbs sweet paprika
- 1 cup (220g) medium-grain rice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup (250ml) tomato sugo (tomato sauce)
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) chicken stock
- Sour cream, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
Use a sharp knife to cut the kernels from corn cob. Place in a bowl and set aside.
Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add chorizo sausages and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a bowl. Add chicken to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate.
Add the onion, capsicums, corn and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add the paprika and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the rice, wine, tomato sugo, chicken stock, chorizo and chicken and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, loosely covered with foil, for 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside, covered, for 5 minutes to rest.
Spoon the rice mixture among serving plates. Dollop with sour cream and sprinkle with coriander. Serve immediately with lime wedges, if desired.