Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
What you will need
- 4 corn cobs, husks and silks removed
- 1½ cups (120g) coarsely grated cheddar
- 4 green onions, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 16 small burrito tortillas
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- Sour cream, to serve
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- 1 ripe avocado, stoned, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 250g punnet baby egg tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 2 tbs finely chopped chives
Cut & cook
Cut kernels from corn cobs and cook in a medium saucepan of salted boiling water for 2 minutes or until tender. Drain well and set aside to cool slightly.
To make the avocado salsa, combine the ingredients in a medium bowl. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Fry & fill
Preheat oven to 120°C. Combine the corn, cheese, onion, paprika and coriander in a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tsp of oil in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Place a tortilla in the pan and sprinkle over one-eighth of the corn mixture.
Enclose & flip
Top with another tortilla. Press the filling down firmly with a spatula. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until golden and crisp. Use a spatula to turn and cook, pressing firmly, for 1 minute or until crisp and cheese melts. Transfer to an oven tray and warm in the oven. Repeat in 7 batches.
Cut & serve
Cut each quesadilla into quarters and arrange on serving plates. Top with avocado salsa and dollop with sour cream.