Makes 12 rounds
- ½ large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 10mm rounds
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup (100g) red/green capsicum, cut into small pieces, equates to one half of a medium capsicum
- ½ cup (50g) corn
- ½ cup (60g) pineapple, cut into small pieces, equates to two finely cut slices of a fresh pineapple
- ½ cup (100g) quinoa, cooked
- 1 tablespoon green pesto
- 2⁄3 cup (70g) cheddar cheese, grated
Step by step
Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly brush both sides of sweet potato rounds with olive oil and place onto a parchment paper-lined baking tray. Bake for 10–15 minutes.
Meanwhile combine capsicum, corn, pineapple and quinoa in a large bowl. Add pesto and stir until thoroughly combined.
Remove the baking tray and top the rounds with veggies. Place the tray back into the oven for about 10 minutes until toppings have cooked through.
Sprinkle with cheese and place back into oven until the cheese has melted. Serve warm.
Images and recipe from by Jennifer Leckey & Judy Moosmueller (PACO Branding & Design, $24.95).