What you will need
- 4 beurre bosc pears, cored, cut into wedges
- 2 tbs honey
- 4 witlof, leaves separated
- 200g ash-coated blue cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (75g) toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 bunch chives, cut into 2cm lengths
- 2 tbs sherry vinegar
- 2 tbs hazelnut or olive oil
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Place the pears on the oven tray. Drizzle with honey. Bake in preheated oven, turning occasionally, for 15 minutes or until tender and caramelised. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
Combine and serve
Arrange the witlof, blue cheese, hazelnuts, chives and pears on a large serving platter. Combine the vinegar and oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle over the salad and serve immediately.