Makes 12 cupcakes
- 12 paper muffin cases
- 125g butter, softened
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- ¼ cup milk
- 12 fresh raspberries
- 300mls thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
Step by step:
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line 12 x ½ cup muffin tins with paper muffin cases.
- Place butter, sugar, vanilla, eggs, sifted flour and milk into a mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat on a low speed until ingredients are combined. Increase speed to medium and beat until mixture is smooth and pale in colour, about 3 minutes. Spoon into paper lined tins. Press one raspberry into the center of each cupcake.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until cupcakes are golden and just firm when touched. Allow cupcakes to stand 5 minutes in tins before placing onto a wire rack to cool.
- Place cream and sugar into a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Top each cupcake with a dollop of cream and decorate with a .
Recipe, styling and photography by China Squirrel