Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
What you will need
- 1 3/4 cups (265g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (200g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (45g) desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup (55g) coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 440g can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 large over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 3/4 cup (185ml) sunflower or vegetable oil
- Flaked coconut, to decorate
- 250g cream cheese
- 100g butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups (230g) icing sugar mixture
- 2 passionfruit
Preheat oven & prepare paper cases
Preheat oven to 160°C. Place 12 x 1-cup (250ml) capacity paper cases on oven tray.
Combine & stir
Combine the flour, sugar, coconut, walnuts, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and cardamom in a large bowl. Add the pineapple, banana, eggs and oil and stir until mixture is just combined.
Spoon & bake
Spoon mixture evenly among the prepared cases. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centres comes out clean. Set aside on tray to cool completely.
Making passionfruit icing
To make the passionfruit icing, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the icing sugar and passionfruit and beat until just combined. Spread onto the top of each cake and sprinkle with shredded coconut.