Recipe courtesy of , the family behind Australian agribusiness The Manildra Group. Pick up the Our style showbag at the Sydney Easter Show for a 1kg bag of Manildra’s Healthy Baker flour (plus other goodies). Click here for more details.
- 150g butter, room temperature
- 300g caster sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 150g The Healthy Baker Plain Flour
- 2 cooking apples, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup apple and rosemary jelly (or any jam you have at home)
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease and line a 20cm cake tin or loaf tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Fold in the flour and gently spoon mixture into your prepared cake tin.
- Arrange the apple slices across the top. Sprinkle with the cardamom and almonds.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Place the jelly in a small saucepan and cook until it melts into a syrup.
- Pour over the still hot cake and let it cool in the tin before turning out to slice and serve with thick cream.