Now that the weather is warming up, it's time to head outside to enjoy all the outdoor activities available in your neighbourhood! 1. , anytime. Grab the kids and your walking shoes and head out to Sydney's Northern Beaches for the most beautiful views
of the Central Coast, Palm Beach, the South Pacific Ocean and the historic 1881 lighthouse. Pack a picnic and be sure to have a quick dip before heading home.
2. , Oct 14.This festival showcases tulips, local produce, craft and wine on the banks of the Inglis River between 11am and 9pm. The main stage has live entertainment all day and there will also be children’s activities and stilt walkers. Be sure to stick around for the fireworks at 9pm.
3. , Oct 8.Calling all animal lovers, owners and their pets. Head to Ballam Park in Frankston, Melbourne, between 10am–3pm to celebrate furry, feathered, finned, scaly and slithery friends. Pets’ Day Out will be filled with free pet-related entertainment, activities and giveaways.
4. , Sep 30 – Oct 2.Make the most of the Labour Day long weekend by checking out the Manly Jazz festival. More than 800 local and international performers will boogie and swing their way through the streets, laneways, cafes and bars of this stunning beach suburb location.
5. , Oct 29. Prahran Market will be transformed into a cheese lover’s delight from 10am to 4pm on October 29. There will be cheese offerings from artisan cheese makers, local providores, popular eateries and much more.
6. , Saturdays.Held within the grounds of the distinctive 19th-century industrial Carriageworks every Saturday between 8am and 1pm, this market features seasonal and homemade goods from farmers and artisan producers from across NSW.
7. , Sep 1–30.During spring, Kings Park will transform into a rainbow of colour as thousands of WA’s native blooms burst into flower. Over the month of September, there will be free events including walks and talks, outdoor exhibitions, art installations and fun for all the family.
8. , Oct 5–22.Balmy evenings eating noodles and ice-cream and listening to live music. What could be better? Good Food Month’s Night Noodle Markets returns to Hyde Park with food stalls serving up the best Asian street food. Note: the markets are cash free.
9. , Sydney, Oct 26–29, and Melbourne, Nov 17–19.Attend a free meditation session, book a psychic reading or try some body pampering at the Mind Body Spirit Festival. There are more than 200 exhibitors to browse and healthy food to sample.
10. , Oct 19 – Nov 5.This annual event returns to the Bondi Beach to Tamarama Beach coastal walk for its 21st year. Bring the whole family along and explore the temporary sculpture park along the walk with more than 100 sculptures by artists from Australia and across the world. Remember to bring plenty of water, snacks and sunscreen.