Looking for a sweet treat or dessert that is good for you? This gluten-free banana brownies with raspberry topping, from , is practically guilt-free.
- 2 cups mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup organic cold pressed olive oil
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup spelt flour or gluten free flour
- 1 tsp aluminium-free baking powder
- 1/4 cup raw vegan chocolate chopped
- 1/4 cup organic frozen or fresh raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Grease and line a brownie tin with coconut oil and baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the mashed banana, coconut sugar, olive oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and mix until smooth. Mix in cacao, flour and baking powder until batter is combined.
3. Spread and flatten in the lined and greased baking tin. Scatter chopped chocolate and raspberries over the top of the brownie. Bake for 35 to 40 mins.
4. Leave to sit in the tin to cool before carefully removing and slicing into 12 or so portions.
Note: Keeps in the fridge.