There’s no denying it, we’ve gone a little mad for cactus plants – who wouldn’t, right? They make the best indoor plants suitable for all types of gardeners (yes, we’re looking at those of you without one iota of a green thumb to speak of). And what’s more, we’re now obsessed with finding surprising and unexpected ways to display cactus at home so they become décor in their own right. Interested? Scroll through to discover five of our new favourite ways to bring cactus plants into your interior scheme at home.
1. Basket case: Step outside the square and opt for baskets to play home to your cactus rather than the obvious pots. The natural materials of baskets like this really team nicely with cactus plants.
2. Tea time: Need we say more? A cactus in a favourite old tea cup (or perhaps you have an heirloom cup and saucer lying around), you had us at hello!
3. Mini size: Rather than simply planting one larger cactus, we love the idea of potting mini cactus and clustering a number of pots together like in this display.
4. Table toppers: Looking for an interesting centerpiece for your next table setting? Cactus arranged nicely in a crystal bowl is the ultimate juxtaposition of refinement and nature. Just beautiful.
5. On the shelf: To take your bookshelf up a notch why not consider using cactus as bookends?