The blessed season is upon us! While buds are bursting and soil is warming, here are 10 essential gardening tasks to tackle…
- Plant seeds for flowers and veggies for summer.
- Fertilise all plants and lawns as growth resumes.
- Prune hibiscus and also prune plants that flowered in winter and early spring.
- Plant herbs.
- Weed and renew mulches on garden beds.
- Divide and repot cymbidium orchids after flowering.
- Watch for pests on new growth such as aphids and snails. Aphids can be squashed or treated. Snails and slugs can be trapped or deterred.
- Repot potted plants that are root bound.
- Divide herbaceous clumping plants as new growth resumes.
- Dead head spring annuals and bulbs.
Related gardening ideas: