Your jewellery — and no doubt, many of your accessories — are precious, and deserve to be stored with care and love. What’s more, they can also look truly beautiful when displayed properly, and add character and quirk to a room. Here are our favourite ways to store your jewels.
1. An old picture frame, fitted with a mesh insert, makes a great board for storing earrings.
2. Mount small decorative wall hooks to hang necklaces and bracelets.
3. A (the kind usually used to serve cakes) can be used for storing bangles, bracelets and watches. Stack them and simply pull off the cloche for access.
4. A small wine rack makes an excellent sunglass stand.
5. Tiered cake trays are a beautiful way to display your jewels.
6. Mount a cutlery tray (with the underside to the wall) for an easy jewellery hanger. Use thumbtacks or small drawer knobs to hang.
7. Used flat, a cutlery holder makes great scarf storage.
8. Got a stash of old teacups? Use them to hold bangles, rings, earrings — whatever.