If you’re dreaming of a , we’ve got some handy ideas. Although, with apologies, we can’t give you a Kardashian sized wardrobe (neither in floor space nor volume of designer gear).
1. Clear it all out. Yep, all of it. By editing what you own, you’ll be able to store what you truly love more effectively. Set aside a day to do this properly, and take everything out before you put it back in again. You want to go through every drawer, every hanger, every basket. Use the Marie Kondo method — if an item doesn’t “spark joy”, then toss it. Yes, even if you “might wear it again one day.”
2. Organise your shoes. Line up your shoes in pairs with one heel in and one out to maximise space.
3. Use the back of the door. Affix a hook to the back of the door as a “staging area” for tomorrow’s outfit.
4. Use the back of the wardrobe. Hang a peg board at the back of the wardrobe to hang scarves, jewellery, belts and more.
5. Repurpose storage. Shoeboxes work well as drawer dividers, and wine boxes store shoes extremely well (also they’re an excellent excuse to drink more wine).
6. Add lights. Add so you can actually see what’s in your wardrobe. Particularly helpful during dark winter mornings.
7. Add more space. Use to store folded clothes more efficiently, and add more space with (perfect for scarves and purses).