Grubby grout is one of those things that bugs us more than it should. We get it — there are bigger things in life to be concerned about. And yet… dirty grout, or the wrong colour grout, is just so damn annoying. Luckily, we’ve found two genius products that’ll change your grout colour for good.
Blogger Melissa Riker of has written about her experience using Grout Refresh, an inexpensive product you can purchase from (yes, they ship to Australia). Riker wanted to make her white grout a dark charcoal colour, and says that the process was as easy as painting on the product and waiting. Here’s a quick step-by-step.
1. Clean the area you want to re-colour and ensure it’s dry.
2. Apply the Grout Refresh using a small craft brush or a cotton swab. Don’t worry too much about painting outside the lines.
3. Leave the paint on for at least an hour.
4. Spray the area with water and wipe the excess off.
5. Stand back and enjoy your new grout colour.
White Knight White Grout Pen
If you have white grout that needs to be cleaned, the might be your best mate. Simple to use, all you need to do is draw over the grout with the pen. It dries really fast, so there’s next to no down time. It also works if you’ve got dark grout and want to lighten it — though from a time-spent-cleaning perspective, we would recommend going darker rather than lighter…
Related: How to clean your bathroom grout