You will need:
- 50–60m fine (1mm) jute twine (6m for each heart)
- 4.5mm crochet hook
NOTE: Some craft skills required (crochet)
Step by step:
1. Make 4 chain (ch) and slip stitch (sl st) into first chain to form a circle.
2. Round 1: 4ch, 4 treble (tr) into centre of circle, 2 double treble (dtr) into centre, 4ch, sl st into centre, 4ch, 2dtr into centre, 4tr into centre, sl st into top chain.
3. Round 2: 4ch, 1tr into same stitch, 2tr into each of next 3sts, 1tr + 1dtr in next stitch, 2dtr in next st, 3dtr in next st, 1tr in 1st ch, 4ch, sl st into centre, 4ch, 1tr in 4th ch, 3dtr in next st, 2dtr in next st, 1dtr + 1tr in next st, 2tr into each of next 3sts, 1tr into next st, sl st into top chain.
4. Cut twine and weave in tails at start and end.
5. Cut a 30cm length of twine and thread it through the top of the heart. Tie the heart to a longer length of twine for the garland.
6. Repeat the instructions to make as many hearts as you need.