- watercolour wrapping paper
- fabric dye powder
- dyeing equipment
- drinking straw (optional)
Put 3 tablespoons of fabric dye powder into a heatproof bowl and dissolve it in 3 cups of boiling water.
To create patterns, fold the paper in various ways:
- for a stripe pattern, fold it back and forth like a fan and dip each of the folded sides into the dye
- for a diamond or square pattern, fold the paper into squares or triangles and dip each side into the dye
- for spots, use a straw to drip small dots of dye onto the paper, letting them bleed into bigger spots
- Experiment to make other patterns
Unfold and dry
Unfold and lay the paper flat to dry, then use the paper to cover books or to wrap presents.