Make treasured photographs a feature in your home with this thoughtful display idea that can be completed in the time it takes to drink your morning coffee.
What you will need:
- White or plain coloured vintage plates
- Copies of photographs
- Double-sided adhesive tape
- Linen ribbon
- Plate-hanging wire
Step by step:
1. Select an array of vintage plates. White or plain colours work best for this project. Make copies of the precious family photographs you would like to display — if you have the digital versions handy, have them reprinted in a sepia tone.
2. Use double-sided adhesive tape to stick your photographs to the centre of the plates.
3. To make the coffee-dyed linen ribbons: Dip lengths of torn linen ribbon into cold black coffee for five minutes.
4. Remove the ribbon from the coffee, squeeze out any excess liquid and allow to dry.
5. Clip a plate-hanging wire (available from hardware stores) behind the plate and hang using the coffee-dyed ribbon.