Host a whimsical, Alice in Wonderland-style afternoon tea with this playful project.
What you will need:
- Selection of vintage cups, saucers, bread-and-butter plates and a small footed compote
- Two-part epoxy glue, suitable for ceramics
- Protective gloves and facemask
Step by step:
1. Select a mix of vintage cups, saucers, bread-and-butter plates and a small footed compote or similar for the base of your stand. Mix and match the items you have collected, placing them artistically on top of one another (they can be plain, different colours or patterned).
2. Working in sections, use an adhesive suitable for bonding ceramics, such as two-part epoxy glue, wearing protective gloves and a facemask and following the manufacturer’s instructions. It may help to lightly sandpaper the surfaces to be joined before applying the adhesive. Glue pairs of items together then, once the glue is set, glue the paired sections together. Allow to set overnight before using. After use, wash by hand only.