Ah, Sunday. What a great day to indulge in a sleep-in, head to the beach, and then straight to the pub for a few well-deserved glasses of sav blanc. That’s a Sunday well-spent, right?
Not so fast.
While we love lazy Sundays and obviously we want you to, you know, live your life, we also know that setting aside a little time to prep for the week ahead will not only save time during those busy weekday mornings and sometimes chaotic nights, but they’ll also help save your sanity. And that, friends, is well worth saving.
Here are our tips for organising yourself, and your home, for the week ahead. The best bit? All up, this whole list will take you less than an hour. What are you waiting for?
1. Swap your bathroom towels for clean ones. (1 minute)
2. Change your bedsheets. (5 minutes)
3. Get your laundry caught up. Wash, dry, fold and pack away. (Based on two loads: 15 minutes active time)
4. While you’re doing this, choose your outfits for the week. This will make mornings so much easier — all you’ll have to do is shower and get dressed — the agony of choosing your clothes will be over. (10 minutes)
5. Prep your breakfast. This doesn’t have to be labour-intensive; it could be as simple as making sure you have enough milk and muesli for the week. But you could also:
- hard-boil some eggs (5 minutes)
- make a batch of or frittatas (10 minutes active time)
- make a batch of bircher muesli (10 minutes active time)
6. Make your Sunday night dinner, but make a double serving. This won’t take up any more time, but it’ll mean you have extra meals for lunches or easy dinners during the week.
7. Take the bins out. (2 minutes)
8. Tackle one niggling task that’s been on your to-do list for a while. Starting the week by crossing something off your to-do list? That’s priceless.